Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak. The recipe intro says, “This French-inspired garlic, black pepper, and herb uncheese is marvelous on bread or crackers and equally scrumptious piled on baked or steamed potatoes.” This is free of gluten, soy, nuts, yeast, and corn. Per 2 tablespoons: calories = 60, protein = 3g, fat = 2g, carbs = 7g, calcium = 26 mg, and sodium = 50 mg. Cook time does not include chilling time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans or 2 cups cooked white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi plum paste
- 2 tablespoons vegan dry onion soup mix
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until a very thick, smooth paste forms, stopping to scrape down the sides of the work bowl as necessary. Cover and chill several hours or overnight in order to allow the flavors to blend before serving. Keeps 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator.