This recipe is a slightly modified version of Anjum Anand's Creamy Tomato Fish Curry. Posting in order to review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large tilapia fillet, filet cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 a small onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 hot green chili peppers, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- water, as necessary
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
- 2 -3 tablespoons coconut cream
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a nonstick saucepan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds start to splatter, add onion and whole green chilies. Cook on a low flame until onions are golden brown.
- 2Blend ginger and garlic with tomato paste and around 1/2 cup water until smooth.
- 3Add to the pan with the spices and salt and cook on medium-high until oil starts to appear on the surface. Lower heat as necessary as the mixture reduces. Taste mixture and add seasoning as necessary.
- 4Add some water, vinegar and coconut cream, and boil until creamy (3-4 minutes). Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 5Add fish. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning as necessary.
- 6Serve hot with rice or naan.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 211.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: