Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is easy, quick and delicious, I most always add in a can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup to the ground beef mixture before adding in the flour/cream mixture --- because of the already high sodium content in the dry soup mix and Worcestershire sauce I don't add in any extra salt, if needed you can always add in at the end of cooking, for more beef flavor add in a tablespoon of beef bouillon powder, for a large family double the amounts
Top Review by CoffeeB
MMM-mmmm...this is all time good comfort food. And, so very filling too. I love these kinds of recipes to fill the belly's of my MEN. I made the recipe exactly as written including using 1/2 milk and 1/2 half and half. I used recipe#61426 and also baked a few potatoes for another option. Served with garlic toast and this was perfect. Another definite keeper Kitts. Made for ZaarStars~
- 1 lb lean ground beef (can use half ground beef and bulk pork sausage)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (hand squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (more to sprinkle at the table)
- 1 (375 g) packagemedium dry egg noodles, cooked (or use as many noodles as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or medium pot cook the ground beef and bulk sausage (if using) over medium heat until browned; drain fat.
- Add in garlic, chili flakes, 1/2 pagage dry onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups half and half cream or milk into the pan and stir scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk the flour with remaining 1/2 cup of cream until smooth; slowly add to the beef mixture stirring with a spoon.
- Simmer stirring with a wooden spoon for about 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Mix in about 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Season with black pepper.
- Divide the cooked noodles onto plates.
- Spoon the hamburger gravy over, then sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.