1/1 Photo of Creamy Hamburger Gravy With Noodles
This is easy, quick and delicious, I most always add in a can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup to the ground beef mixture before adding in the flour/cream mixture --- because of the already high sodium content in the dry soup mix and Worcestershire sauce I don't add in any extra salt, if needed you can always add in at the end of cooking, for more beef flavor add in a tablespoon of beef bouillon powder, for a large family double the amounts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (can use half ground beef and bulk pork sausage)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (hand squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (more to sprinkle at the table)
- 1 (375 g) package medium dry egg noodles, cooked (or use as many noodles as you like)
- 1In a large skillet or medium pot cook the ground beef and bulk sausage (if using) over medium heat until browned; drain fat.
- 2Add in garlic, chili flakes, 1/2 pagage dry onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour 2 cups half and half cream or milk into the pan and stir scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- 5In a bowl whisk the flour with remaining 1/2 cup of cream until smooth; slowly add to the beef mixture stirring with a spoon.
- 6Simmer stirring with a wooden spoon for about 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- 7Mix in about 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 8Season with black pepper.
- 9Divide the cooked noodles onto plates.
- 10Spoon the hamburger gravy over, then sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Hamburger Gravy With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.1
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 215.9 mg
- Sodium 685.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 47.2 g