Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can also be served on rice or biscuits. I like it best on toast.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 hardboiled egg
- chopped toast
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour and seasonings till smooth and bubbling.
- Stir in milk stirring constantly, till thick and bubbly.
- Stir in ham and eggs; heat till hot.
- Serve on toast.
This is very good. I used a thick slice of home made bread, and it slightly overpowered the creamed ham. I'd suggest either a biscuit or thin bread for breakfast. I enjoyed it.