Found in the magazine Delicious Living with some additions and modifications to the recipe. Two versions of this recipe were tested: one with no cream and the other with two teaspoons of whipped cream and the recipe was reduced by two thirds. I omitted the egg yolk completely in both versions. I used 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla powder will also work). Walnut oil replaced flaxseed oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest, finely grated (my addition)
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 1 egg yolks (can sub half and half, whipping cream or your favorite non-dairy substitute) or 2 tablespoons egg substitute (can sub half and half, whipping cream or your favorite non-dairy substitute)
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar (can sub white balsamic, white wine vinegar, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (I substituted Spanish smoked paprika and reduced the amount)
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup flax seed oil
- 1Juice the two grapefruits.
- 2Transfer juice to a blender. Add the (egg yolk, egg substitute or cream if using), vinegar salt, pepper, paprika and vanilla bean (or extract/powder).
- 3Puree on high speed until vanilla bean is thoroughly blended.
- 4With the blender motor running, slowly add the oil.
- 5When the dressing is emulsified, strain into a small non-reactive bowl, discarding any vanilla bean debris if present.
- 6Stir in the zest.
- 7Can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
- 8Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Creamy) Grapefruit-Vanilla Salad Dressing (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.9
- Calories from Fat 929
- Total Fat 103.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 221.3 mg
- Sodium 785.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice vinegar