Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an absolutely delicious recipe! I eat more salad than ever now.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- salad greens
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- cucumber, sliced (or vegetables of your choice)
- In a blender, place the mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Let chill in fridge for about an hour before serving to let onion flavor mellow.
- Serve over salad.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing.
added a little horseradish to this its good
Tangy and sweet with nice flavor. I do recommend you be cautious with the amount of sugar you add- the sweetness of different brands of mayo and ketchup vary a lot, so some people may need less or more sugar. I used Trader Joe's Organic mayo and Organic ketchup, both of which are pretty sweet, so I found I only needed about 3/4 the amount of sugar called for. Overall, very nice- we enjoyed it over mesculun and with veggies. For some reason we felt the flavor was a little off, but we couldn't place it. We thought it might not have enough mayo or the onion was too strong, but I'm really not sure. All-in-all good! I think this would be very kid-friendly, especially if made with a sweet onion! Thanks, Sharon!
Use organic ketchup and mayo. Used Dienia B's suggestion (below) to add horseradish, and this was just what was needed to add zest and extra flavor as we thought it was a little too sweet and uninteresting without it. Made this way, it is spectacular! Much better than buying dressing, as most store-bought have so much corn syrup in them.