Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i have lots of coriander at the moment and am looking for recipes to use it in.
- 100 g fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander, washed
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts (18g)
- squeeze lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 medium green prawns, peeled, deveined with tails intact
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook fettuccini according to packet instructions; drain and set aside, reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the stems, leaves and root of the coriander and place into the bowl of a food processor, along with the garlic, nuts and lime juice. Process until broken down and smooth.
- While the motor is running, slowly drizzle in oil. Mixture should become a smooth, creamy sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove a third of the coriander pesto and stir through the prawns. Cook prawns in a non-stick pan for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through and remove.
- Pour cream into pan and heat through gently. Stir in remaining coriander pesto and adjust seasoning. Return prawns to pan and heat through.
- Pour coriander pesto sauce and prawns over pasta and toss to mix evenly. Stir in some of the pasta cooking water if sauce is too thick and serve immediately.