Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A beautifully creamy curry, this dish is incredibly easy to prepare. It can be made in advance and left to marinade for a deeper flavour, or eaten immediately if you can't resist the smells eminating from the kitchen! The version below is fairly mild, but if you prefer it a little hotter, just add more chilli to taste. Kafir lime leaves are available from most large supermarkets these days. If you can't get them fresh, you may find them dried, or jarred.
- Trim chicken breasts and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Finely chop ginger, lime leaves, shallots, chillies, lemongrass and coriander root.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat.
- Add all the chopped spices and heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and keep stirfrying for a further 2-3 minutes until the chicken is sealed and slightly golden.
- Stir in the coconut milk, season and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 7 minutes.
- If you prefer the sauce a little thicker, keep simmering for a further couple of minutes, allowing it to turn a slightly deeper gold colour.
- Serve with rice and stir-fried vegetables.