Recipe by Pinay0618
I have this weird fascination with gelatin-based desserts. This one also has my favorite fruit, grapefruit. Recipe is from Kraft. Cooking time listed is chill time.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packagejell-o lemon flavor sugar free gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup thawed cool whip light whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit section, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange section, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cold water. Remove 3/4 cup of the gelatin; place in medium bowl. Set aside. Refrigerate remaining gelatin until slightly thickened. Add whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in fruit. Pour into serving bowl. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- PLACE medium bowl of measured gelatin in larger bowl of ice water; stir until slightly thickened. Beat with electric mixer on high speed until almost doubled in volume. Spoon over gelatin layer in serving bowl. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- GARNISH with additional fruit and fresh mint leaves, if desired.