Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This from a recipe book my son got way back in preschool. Perfect little mints.
Make and share this Creamy Chocolate Mint Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces white chcolate almond bark
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Line bottom and sides of a 8x12 inch glass dish with waxpaper.
- Combine 2/3 of candy coating and the chocolate chips in a 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on high uncovered, 2 1/2-3 minutes or until mixture is softened.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 of the chocolate in bottom of baking dish.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. (allow remaining chocolate to stand at room temp.).
- Place remaining candy coating in 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on high uncovered, 1 1/2 -2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. (mixture will become very stiff).
- Mix in cream until spreading consistency.
- Spread over chilled chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture over mint layer.
- chill until set.
- Before serving, allow to warm to room temperature, then, holding onto waxed paper edges, lift mints from pan.
- Cut into serving pieces, about 1 inch or smaller as desired.
- Mints need to be at room temperature to cut without the chocolate breaking.
These are quick and easy to make!! They turned out creamy and sweet and also not too overpowering with the mint flavor. I made in an 8x8 pan becuase only used 20 oz of the choco bark. Will be adding them to my holiday platter!! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Dec 2009.