Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Summer is almost over here in Montreal so this soup will be great soon. This is from Ricardo. And the good thing about this recipe is that it uses only 1 saucepan. Nothing more.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, cut in quarters (white)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small leek white, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup 15% cream
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown the chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same saucepan, brown veggies in the butter until tender. Sprinkle flour and celery seeds on them. Cook 1 minute while stirring. Add chicken stock while whisking and bring to boil always stirring. Put the chicken back in the saucepan and add the cream. Let simmer slowly about 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
Made this recipe pretty much as given, though I did cut it in half for the 2 of us! And, I did saute the mushrooms only until they were slightly tender, then set them aside, & added them again for the last 2 minutes of the final simmer! I much prefer mushrooms that are raw, but I'm OK with 'em if they're just barely cooked! Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed the soup & will be keeping the recipe around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
A wonderful soup on a crispy Fall day! I changed it up a bit, doubled mushrooms, 1 stalk of celery instead of celery seeds and red pepper and used green onions instead of leeks. I also used less flour and butter and used left over grilled chicken from the night before. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 tag.
A delicious soup with very little work. I skipped the oil and browning from personal choice and used green onion as I didn't have leek. I really loved the outcome. The soup has a very well rounded flavor with depth. I served it for lunch with seedy crackers on this Fall day and it was a real hit. Do yourself a favor and give this a try. Made for Photo Tag.