Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this out of a magazine. I've had it for awhile so I don't remember which one but we really like this. It's easy and fast.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- Heat Miracle Whip in large skillet.
- Add the cubed chicken and cook(about 8 minutes).
- Add broccoli, stir till cooked.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
I would have /never/ tried this in a million years if there hadn't been one of those free sample/promo stands in our local grocery store about 15 years ago. It was surprisingly good. And I mean that literally. I was shocked at how surprised I was over the taste. I took the recipe card home and it quickly became a favorite of my husband.
I do substitute the velveeta for medium cheddar, though. It makes it a little less creamy but the taste is so much better. I also use regular white or brown rice. I found if I cook it in the microwave and start it first then work on the prep for the skillet, it's still done in time to serve with the chicken.
After a hectic day or a night when I just don't feel like cooking, this is a great, fast recipe to pull out and whip together.