Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My guests really enjoyed this dish - in fact, they asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with all of you. It was easy, tasty, and had a nice presentation. I used soy milk rather than skim, and not one person noticed.(from Dec 2002 Cooking Light magazine) I served with a nice salad. Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepreslices mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Alouette)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, for decoration (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped shallots; saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, saute 4 minutes.
- Add wine, cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Combine milk and flour in small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add milk mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until slightly think.
- Add chicken, cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Server over pasta; sprinkle with additional parsley, if desired.
Excellent recipe! I lowered the carbs further by using Atkins ThickenThin to replace flour; and Hood's 2% Carb Countdown milk. I didn't serve over noodles but have them available for my guests.