Sherri Dodsworth's Note:
This is pure comfort food that goes together quickly enough for a weeknight dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 6 green onions with tops
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary needles, finely chopped (about a 4-inch fresh sprig leaves removed)
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces desired pasta (I used mini bow ties)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons dried celery leaves (very flavorful) (optional)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt 2 TBS butter and saute the green pepper, mushrooms, green onions and garlic until translucent, stirring often, taking care not to let them brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, the can of chicken, cream, guyere cheese, 2 oz. parmesan cheese, pimiento, turmeric, white pepper, celery salt and celery leaves, if using.
- 5Gently fold in the pasta until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- 6Melt the remaining 2 TBS of butter, add the bread crumbs, mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole Sprinkle the remaining grated parmesan cheese over the top as well.
- 7Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.2
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 824.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves