Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Christmas side dish recipe is a crowd-pleaser, proving that everything is better with crisp peppered bacon and thick whipping cream, from Better Homes & Gardens
- 4 slices pepper bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through stem end
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- In 12" skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- In same skillet add Brussels sprouts to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Add broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
- Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.
Definitely want to try this -- love Brussels Sprouts but not everyone else does. I'm guessing they'd like them prepared like this (and then I get my craving satisfied too!)