Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw a recipe in a magazine and thought to myself, "I can do better than this”. So here's what I came up with. It will be I think more like a cream soup, so if you want it more "soupy" add a little more chicken broth.
- Cook onion in dressing in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add broth, water, and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil 8 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in milk and rice.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into a blender container in small batches.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add ham; stir until ham is heated through.
- Top each serving with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Serve with croutons if desired.