Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been looking for a recipe to get my DH to eat asparagus. Haven't tried this yet, but hope it does the trick!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) frozen asparagus, cuts and tips thawed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk.
- Add beans, asparagus and mushrooms; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread cubes, almonds and butter; sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly.