Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
I just love tofu shirataki noodles for lunch and am always looking for low calorie ways to prepare them. Here's one I created with a little leftover low-fat cream cheese and skim milk! Recipe makes one serving, but could easily be adjusted.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Delicious and being made in the microwave just so very easy; and low in fat without tasting as if it is! I doubled the recipe for two and made this pretty much to the recipe. I used low-fat milk (which I never find compromises taste) but I confess to not having used low-fat or reduced-fat cheese as I find that too often it's so flavourless that I regret having even included it. I added a cup of thinly sliced mushrooms in step three and a generous pinch of thyme (since I love that with mushrooms). I didn't measure the pepper, just added till it tasted as we like it. Loved the lemon juice. A great little recipe, which I'll happily make again - and very versatile. Where I added mushrooms, you could so easily add chopped ham or slices of roasted red peppers - or whatever took your fancy. One of several great Tofu Shirataki I've found on Zaar, so these are now a staple pantry item for me. Next time I make this, I'm going to use minced garlic in place of the garlic salt, but the latter is certainly great when you're in a hurry! Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks for sharing another super recipe, Brooke!
- 1 ounce neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, rinsed drained and patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse shirataki noodles. Cook in microwave for 1 minute then rinse, drain, pat dry and chop noodles into manageable lengths.
- Melt reduced fat cream cheese and milk in the microwave on medium heat for 1-3 minutes. Stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and warm.
- Add chives, garlic salt, lemon juice, ground pepper and tofu noodles.
- Return to microwave, heating for another 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until desired temperature is reached.