Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
something different in a frittata
- 10 eggs
- 310 g creamed corn
- 1⁄3 cup pure cream (thin)
- 2 bunches chives, snipped into 3cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then stir in the corn, cream and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick 24-26cm frypan.
- Add the bacon and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes until the bacon is golden.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, without stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until almost set.
- Place the pan under the grill for 4 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Stand frittata in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a board and slice into wedges.
- Serve with salad leaves.