Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
- 4 potatoes (med)
- 1⁄2 onion (med)
- 2 tablespoons fat
- 32 ounces milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pare potato very thin and cook in enough water to cover, until soft.
- Drain off water and save 1 cup.
- Rub potatoes through a sieve.
- Heat milk, onion and potato water in a double boiler.
- Remove onion and add liquid to potatoes.
- Melt fat mix with flour.(In a separate little pan).
- Stir into hot soup.
- Season and serve hot.