Chef Ain't B's's Note:
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare potato very thin and cook in enough water to cover, until soft.
- 2Drain off water and save 1 cup.
- 3Rub potatoes through a sieve.
- 4Heat milk, onion and potato water in a double boiler.
- 5Remove onion and add liquid to potatoes.
- 6Melt fat mix with flour.(In a separate little pan).
- 7Stir into hot soup.
- 8Season and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Potato Soup Pre-1940's
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 343.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g