Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Full of fiber, this is a wonderful thick and rich creamy cereal packed with protein! Yummy with flax and walnuts! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- sliced banana (optional)
- Combine the soymilk, water, oat bran and salt in microwave-proof bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens to desired consistency, stopping and stirring after each minute. You may cook this on the stovetop is you like. Cook about 5 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- Top with cinnamon, and walnuts and flaxseeds. Slice banana on top if you wish. Enjoy!
I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the liquid and topped with some dried blueberries. It was delicious!
This recipe was great! I was looking for something easy and quick with some oat bran I had, and I loved this! I used 1/4 t cinnamon, and it was perfect.
I love this recipe! I did change it to suit me, however. Instead of water and soymilk, I used freshly pressed apple juice. After it was cooked, I added Rice Milk to make it creamy. I love it!!! Thanks!