Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Brazilian soup came from grouprecipes.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- Drain and rinse the palm hearts then place in a food processor and puree.
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Add flour and cook over low heat stirring constantly into a blonde roux.
- Slowly add warm chicken stock stirring with a wire whip so it is lump free.
- Blend in the palm hearts.
- Add the milk and cream just before serving.
- Bring to serving temperature but do not allow to boil.
- Add a little pepper to accent the taste.
Very Nice! I used veggie broth, 1% milk and regular cream. I used LOTS of white pepper. This was a simple creamy soup good both hot and cold. I topped it with red pepper slices and that made me think it might be good with pimentos in it. Made for the ZWT4.