Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cream cheese and sour cream cheesecake. I don't bake it in a water bath, since I prefer a crisp crust.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine cookie crumbs (use graham crackers, vanilla or chocolate wafers, gingersnaps or shortbread cookies)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly brush the inside of a 9-inch pie or cake pan and the outside of a smaller pan with some of the melted butter.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the crumbs and remaining butter.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the pan and press it down with the bottom of the smaller pan.
- Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Beat in the lemon zest, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the sour cream by hand.
- Scrape the filling into the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake until the cake is barely set, about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
I made this cake many times and it is THE best and really creamy.
I am a big lover of cheesecake but have never really tried to bake one b4. this recipe is easy and tastes great. I give it an additional two Thumbs up!
I had never made cheesecake before and decided to try this one for Vday for BF as it is his favorite -- great recipe and very easy to make!!!! He was a happy happy camper!!!!