Recipe by Bergy
Crunchy outside & moist inside, great tasting. Cuts down on frying too. Decorate with Lemon slices. Try serving this fish dish with my "Italian Rice and Peas" You can do this ahead right up to the point of baking just cover and refrigerate the fish until you are ready to cook it. Another variation to this recipe- try using Whole Wheat flour & fry the fish on a non stick pan. I made it without using egg the crumbs stuck to the fish with no trouble
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons lite olive oil (or other)
- 1 lb fish fillet (Cod, Sole, Blue Hoki, Orange Roughy, whatever)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanuts and bread crumbs, salt& pepper.
- Mix oil with beaten eggs.
- Pat the fish filets dry.
- Dip filets in the eggs then the crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered in 450F degrees oven for 6 minutes (depending on the thickness of your filets, check when they are flaky to touch) Turn over and bake a further 1-3 minutes.