Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crunchy outside & moist inside, great tasting. Cuts down on frying too. Decorate with Lemon slices. Try serving this fish dish with my "Italian Rice and Peas" You can do this ahead right up to the point of baking just cover and refrigerate the fish until you are ready to cook it. Another variation to this recipe- try using Whole Wheat flour & fry the fish on a non stick pan. I made it without using egg the crumbs stuck to the fish with no trouble
- Combine peanuts and bread crumbs, salt& pepper.
- Mix oil with beaten eggs.
- Pat the fish filets dry.
- Dip filets in the eggs then the crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered in 450F degrees oven for 6 minutes (depending on the thickness of your filets, check when they are flaky to touch) Turn over and bake a further 1-3 minutes.
Lovely taste! Didn't use olive oil as we didn't have any and used almonds instead of peanuts. Cooks very fast! Delicious. It's a keeper.
I made some changes to make it cholesterol free by using Egg Beaters instead of eggs. I did not have any peanuts so I chopped pecans up in the food processor. My DH (the picky eater) enjoyed these as well as me. Good recipe Bergy.
Recipe was great except my fish was too thick. I used pecans instead of peanuts (that's what I had)and the topping was very good.