Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used ingredients from a contest..but missed the deadline to post, no electricity for awhile and today no water, Such is life! Easy Preparation and delicious! This was for a potluck entry. Rich buttery taste on the outside, soft coconut taste inside. I have one large pan with 8 mini loaf slots. You can also use a 9 X 13 pan and make one large cake. Bake about 10 minutes longer. The puffs are piled high on a plate and a bowl of whipped topping is served with the puffs. Note: Let loaves set a while and use a serrated knife. or,, you can wrap and freeze when cool and take out to thaw before giving as gifts or before serving.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla and evaporated milk. Mix and beat until mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, mix flour, baking oowder and baking soda.
- Add half of the butter slurry mixture and all of the coconut. Mix.
- Add the other half of the butter slurry mixture. Mix well.
- The mixture will be a very heavy batter dough.
- For: Puffs:
- Heat cooking oil to 375* and drop by rounded spoonful. Cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For Loaves:.
- Spray mini loaf pans with Pam.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- For Large Flat Cake:
- Spray Pam on 9 X 13 pan. Bake 350* 30 minutes.