Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Something different from my home state of Mississippi
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs cleaned crayfish tails
- Saute onion and green pepepr in oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in all remaining ingredients except crawfish and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add crawfish and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve over fresh cooked spahetti noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nice flavor. I boiled the crawfish in cajun spices. It was not overly spicy. Great recipe.