A terrific appetizer from an old bunco friend!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat, cooked (shelled of course)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese (finely shredded is best, or a little more probably)
- 12 flour tortillas
- guacamole (chunky and spicy!)
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2In a skillet, saute green onions in olive oil with the garlic powder.
- 3Lower the heat and slowly add sour cream, a little bit at a time, blending well.
- 4Blend in the cumin.
- 5Add the crawfish and combine well over low heat, about 5 minutes.
- 6Tear off an extra long piece of foil, so that it lines the bottom of a 13x9 pan, and has plenty hanging off of each end.
- 7(So that it can be folded over to seal the quesadillas).
- 8Place a tortilla in one end of the pan.
- 9Cover it with a big handful of cheese.
- 10Then spoon on 1/6 of the crawfish mixture.
- 11Cover with another tortilla.
- 12Place another tortilla right next to this (other end of pan), so that you will be forming two stacks, side by side.
- 13Repeat process, making another quesadilla, so that you now have two right next to each other.
- 14Continue making quesadillas until you have two stacks of three.
- 15Fold the foil over the stacks to completely cover.
- 16Heat in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- 17Cut each quesadilla in 4-6 pieces.
- 18Serve with spicy guacamole.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 140.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g