Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A terrific appetizer from an old bunco friend!
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat, cooked (shelled of course)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese (finely shredded is best, or a little more probably)
- 12 flour tortillas
- guacamole (chunky and spicy!)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a skillet, saute green onions in olive oil with the garlic powder.
- Lower the heat and slowly add sour cream, a little bit at a time, blending well.
- Blend in the cumin.
- Add the crawfish and combine well over low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Tear off an extra long piece of foil, so that it lines the bottom of a 13x9 pan, and has plenty hanging off of each end.
- (So that it can be folded over to seal the quesadillas).
- Place a tortilla in one end of the pan.
- Cover it with a big handful of cheese.
- Then spoon on 1/6 of the crawfish mixture.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Place another tortilla right next to this (other end of pan), so that you will be forming two stacks, side by side.
- Repeat process, making another quesadilla, so that you now have two right next to each other.
- Continue making quesadillas until you have two stacks of three.
- Fold the foil over the stacks to completely cover.
- Heat in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Cut each quesadilla in 4-6 pieces.
- Serve with spicy guacamole.
my dad loves crawfish...these were beautiful...family loved them