Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great side dish to wake-up a boring chicken dinner. It makes a nice addition to the holiday table. This is very easy to make and don't worry about leftovers - there won't be any. If you add cooked chicken or turkey it would be a great way to use leftovers.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) canocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesuncle bens original long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- Cook onion in butter in 10" skillet until tender but not brown.
- Break up cranberry sauce with a fork and add enough water to cranberry sauce to make 4¼ cups.
- Add cranberry sauce, rice and seasoning packets to skillet; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed; about 25 minutes. Stir in celery. Serve.
I made this yesterday morning for a family gathering. It was good, but needed something. It didn't have either a sweet or salty flavor. I good bit of it was eaten, but was not the hit that I thought it was going to be. It was very easy to make. thanks for posting