These are great to have in the freezer to serve for unexpected guests or serve for breakfast ofr with a cup of tea. Serve with butter and I like a bit of orange marmelade or just plain
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425F, spray a baking sheet with veggie spray or lin it with parchment paper Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder& salt.
- 2Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or your finger tips until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in the cranberries& walnuts.
- 4Make a well and gradually stir in the buttermilk to form a ball (handle as little as possible) the ball will be sticky and a bit difficult to work with.
- 5Divide the dough in half on a lightly floured board and pat each half into an 8" circle about a 1/2" thick.
- 6Cut each round into 8 triangles.
- 7Place scones on the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with the tbsp of sugar.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Walnut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g