Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this combination of sweet and tart! The cinnamon and nutmeg also add very nice flavours.
- 1 medium sweet potato, steamed until tender
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (I actually used the juice from one clementine and it worked very nicely)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking dish with foil.
- Combine all ingredients except sweet potato and let stand 5 minutes to let flavours mix.
- Meanwhile, cut sweet potato into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss with cranberry mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Simple to throw together, but the flavors didn't meld together well. Altho I substituted butternut squash for the sweet potato, I blame the failure on the juice and syrup for not bubbling and boiling enough. Perhaps at a higher temperature this would come out tastier.