Recipe by Rachchow
I love this combination of sweet and tart! The cinnamon and nutmeg also add very nice flavours.
Top Review by chefyl
Simple to throw together, but the flavors didn't meld together well. Altho I substituted butternut squash for the sweet potato, I blame the failure on the juice and syrup for not bubbling and boiling enough. Perhaps at a higher temperature this would come out tastier.
- 1 medium sweet potato, steamed until tender
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (I actually used the juice from one clementine and it worked very nicely)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking dish with foil.
- Combine all ingredients except sweet potato and let stand 5 minutes to let flavours mix.
- Meanwhile, cut sweet potato into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss with cranberry mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.