Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe tastes great, especially for those who don't like knowing they're eating fruits and vegetables. A great way to conceal the healthy ingredients from the kids. They'll love it.The flavors work well together and it puts you in the mindset of chicken cordon bleu.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced squash
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (reduced fat for a healthier alternative)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 4 ounces Pam cooking spray (equivalent to approx. 4-6 sprays)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small skillet, spray with pam cooking spray, add 1/4 cup olive oil, diced onions, squash and cranberries. Over medium heat, saute ingredients until partially tender.
- Gradually add shredded cheese making sure it does not burn. Stir continuously until you have formed a creamy mixture. Remove from heat.
- Cut slits in the center of the chicken breasts and stuff one tbsp of creamy mixture into each piece.
- combine 1 cup of milk and 1 egg in a mixing bowl.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breast into the milk/egg mixture. Make sure the creamy mixture is not oozing out of the chicken. Use toothpicks if necessary.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the flour, making sure to fully coat the chicken.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and bring to a medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown both sides for approximately 5 min each.
- Place chicken breasts in lightly greased baking pan ( Use pam cooking spray as healthier alternative).
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.