Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one fantastic berry dessert!! So simple, yet so tasty - Source: America's Test kitchen
- 1 lb fresh cranberries or 1 lb frozen cranberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Bring cranberrries, raspberries, orange juice, 1 cup sugar, and salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until cranberries are softened and mixture becomes jammy, about 15 minutes. Purée in blender or food processor until smooth, then press through fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With electric mixer, beat 2 cups cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cooled cranberry mixture until no streaks remain. Spoon mixture into eight 6-8 oz. goblets or bowls.
- When ready to serve, beat remaining 1 cup cream, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks. Dollop cream onto fools. Serve.
- MAKE AHEAD: The fools can be refrigerated for up to 8 hours. Dollop whipped cream on top just before servng.