1 hr 7 mins
Saw these on Martha Stewart a couple of years ago, pulled out to make for the holidays (red and green!) and thought to be here for all to enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place cranberries in a small bowl, and add 1/2 boiling water, or enough to cover.
- 3Let stand until cranberries are plump, about 15 minutes.
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 6Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 7In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- 9Beat in vanilla.
- 10Add the dry ingredients, beating on low, until fully combined.
- 11Stir in drained cranberries and pistachios.
- 12Remove dough to a lightly floured surface.
- 13Divide in two.
- 14Roll each piece into a 2" by 18" log, and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 3" between logs.
- 15Flatten logs slightly with palm of hand.
- 16In a small bowl, lightly beat remaining egg.
- 17Brush logs with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- 18Bake for 25 minutes.
- 19Remove from oven, and cool on a rack until warm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- 20Place logs on a cutting board, and cut crosswise on the diagonal into 3/4" pieces.
- 21Return biscotti to baking sheet, cut side down.
- 22Bake until biscotti are beginning to brown around the edges, about 12 minutes more.
- 23Transer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g