Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so different from any other Chex mix I've tried and so simple to prepare. A co-worker shared this recipe with us after bringing it to a get-together. We all agreed that it made a great holiday munchie. The dried cranberries gives it a festive touch while the orange juice provides a refreshing citrus flavor. Be sure to use concentrate....not juice!
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cereals and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Microwave butter, brown sugar and orange juice*concentrate* in a 1 cup microwaveable measuring cup, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture; stirring until well coated.
- Pour into a large roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes; stirring after 15 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries; cool.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag.
This is one of the BEST snacks I have ever eaten. Totally addictive!YUMMMMMMMM....
Addictive! This is great for the holidays or year round. My kids are munching on some right now. The orange, cranberry and brown sugar are great together. I used a combination of crispix and rice chex cause it's what I had on hand and mixed directly in the roasting pan. With my oven, next time I'll watch it closely, any longer and it would have been too toasty. Yum! Thanks ugogirl!