Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I whipped this up tonight and thought someone else may enjoy this easy side. Add some "zing" to your frozen green beans with some succulent dried fruits. Very good and simple side for everyday or around the holidays.
- 2 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 10 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, broken apart (or 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed or 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, better quality
- 2 teaspoons fruit balsamic vinegar, better quality (I like fig)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- In small bowl, combine cranberries and raisens. Add 2 T water. Microwave until plump, but not mushy. Drain water.
- In serving bowl, microwave green beans until hot (but not shriveled).
- Put berry/raisen mixture on top of beans.
- Top with walnuts.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Crumble cheese on top and serve.
This is a delicious dish with a great combination of flavors. I used the almonds option because we had used all of our walnuts in a batch of cookies. It was a quick "after work" side dish and will definitely be on our holiday table. Thanks Nature's Cuisine!!