Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fun and unusual way to use up that cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving!!! Recipe from Cooking Light November 2009.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (may sub other cheeses)
- 8 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk eggs. Add in milk and cranberry sauce and mix well. Stir in cheese and muffin mix (about 30 strokes, it will be lumpy).
- Rest batter for 5 minutes.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 to 3/4 full of batter and bake for 15-20 minutes.
I have to say that around here we NEVER have left over cranberry sauce, so used some whole berry cranberry sauce for this recipe! Loved the cornbread flavored with the combo of monterey jack & these berries & will certainly be making this recipe time & again in the future! Absolutely great, & thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for this month's VIP player in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 24]