Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I brought this to a friend's house for dinner. Everyone agreed it was the best coleslaw they've had.
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- 283.49 g cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, sugar and salt.
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrot, scallions, cranberries and optional nuts in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- Allow coleslaw to sit at least 15 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally.
This coleslaw is so good. I grated cabbage. I didn't use walnuts. My son didn't like the cranberries but me and DH liked them. Thanks Jane :) Made for I recommend tag game
A very yummy cranberry slaw! I reduced to serve 1 and made with Jane's Apple Cheddar Quesadillas. I skipped the walnuts and my cabbage had carrot in it already. I also subbed Splenda in place of sugar with no problems. Easy and quick as a whistle to make! Made a great side dish the the apple and cheese pita! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.
I tend to favor oil and vinegar slaws, but I found this tasty. I think that next time I might reduce the lemon juice just a bit, and I would add more cranberries - they seemed to get a little lost among the cabbage shreds! A very nice addition to my lunch.