Recipe by rustyb
got this recipe from a great ...but now closed restaurant in philadelphia pa. this is an elegant but easy and delicious. a great show off recipe
Top Review by Paula5
I told everyone at the newspaper where I work how fabulous this was. Couldn't help myself. I used a boxed stuffing mix to save time (it was a work night) and cooking spray instead of butter to cut fat. This is stunningly easy and stunningly beautiful. Also just delicious. Thank you so much!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 stale kaiser rolls or 3 stale bread (for stuffing or you can use stove top or similar)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 fluid ounces Grand Marnier (orange flavored liquer you can substitute triple sec if necessary but you will need about 3 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare stuffing using the stale bread or rolls,oregano,basil, and 1/2 cup of butter and milk by mixing together to a moist consistency.
- seperate stuffing into 4 portions on a greased baking sheet and top with a chicken breast.
- melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter and brush lightly on top of the chicken bake in 350 degree oven for 15 min.
- while the chicken is baking mix the cranberry sauce and water and slowly heat in a saucepan or microwave till it is liquid add the cinnamon and grand marnier and simmer a few min to allow flavors to blend.
- pour on top of partially baked chicken and return to oven for about another 20 min.