Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The only thing more comforting than a warm bread pudding on a cold day is one drizzed with a warm Amaretto sauce. The tartness of cranberries is a wonderful contrast to the sweeter elements of this dish, while the nuttiness of almonds and Amarertto takes it from "comforting" to gourmet. Delicious!!
- 5 1⁄2 cups roughly chopped bread (try mixing baguette and brioche)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Amaretto
- In a large mixing bowl, place egg, milk sugar, vanilla and
- Amaretto. Mix thoroughly. Add bread and cranberries and toss in the liquid. Set it aside to soak (10-15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease muffin tin with butter. Fill the muffin cups and place on the middle rack of the oven Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Insert a skewer in to the middle to test, If it comes out wet, keep baking. While bread pudding is in the oven, prepare the Amaretto sauce.
- AMARETTO SAUCE:.
- In a pan, melt butter medium heat. Add sugar. When the sugar has dissolved and begins to caramelize add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally , until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in toasted almonds and the Amaretto. Remove from heat. Drizzle the warm sauce over the bread pudding.