Chef mariajane's Note:
The only thing more comforting than a warm bread pudding on a cold day is one drizzed with a warm Amaretto sauce. The tartness of cranberries is a wonderful contrast to the sweeter elements of this dish, while the nuttiness of almonds and Amarertto takes it from "comforting" to gourmet. Delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 cups roughly chopped bread (try mixing baguette and brioche)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1In a large mixing bowl, place egg, milk sugar, vanilla and
- 2Amaretto. Mix thoroughly. Add bread and cranberries and toss in the liquid. Set it aside to soak (10-15 minutes).
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F Grease muffin tin with butter. Fill the muffin cups and place on the middle rack of the oven Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- 4Insert a skewer in to the middle to test, If it comes out wet, keep baking. While bread pudding is in the oven, prepare the Amaretto sauce.
- 5AMARETTO SAUCE:.
- 6In a pan, melt butter medium heat. Add sugar. When the sugar has dissolved and begins to caramelize add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally , until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 7Add in toasted almonds and the Amaretto. Remove from heat. Drizzle the warm sauce over the bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Bread Pudding and Amaretto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.4
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 247.3 mg
- Sodium 548.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: