This salad has a great combination of toppings, a sweet dressing and crunchy glazed almonds.
Make and share this Cranberry Almond Lettuce Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup glazed almonds (instructions below)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine dresssing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a sauce pan or skillet combine sugar and almonds.
- Stir constantly until nuts are glazed.
- Be very careful not to burn.
- Pour nuts on waxed paper separating them to cool.
- Mix dressing with lettuce and top with almonds to serve.
This is a great salad! I just used a mixture of greens that I had growning in my garden. I used craisins and we did not even use the cheese. The dressing was simple and very tasty. With all of the salad that we have growing in the garden we will use this often. We love the dressing and have used it for other salad combinations. I did use a raspberry balsamic vinegar and have used a splenda blend instead of sugar.
This is a very yummy recipe! I started with 1/4 cup of sugar for the dressing, but I didn't think it was sweet enough, ended up using just under a 1/2 cup. The dressing has a strong flavor with the balsamic vinegar and a little goes a long way IMO. It also makes a lot, I probably have enough for a whole second salad and then some. Thanks for posting this, I made it for dinner guests and everyone enjoyed it!
This salad is DELICIOUS! I've made it three times and keep getting cravings for it, so I'm making it again for dinner tonight. The dressing makes it 5 stars- it's simple yet fabulous! I use Splenda and it comes out great. (Cut back on the Splenda if you don't like sweet dressing, it comes out veeeery sweet, which I love!)