Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and yummy! Adapted from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman.
Make and share this Cranberry Almond Chocolate Bars With Tangerine Zest recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 12oz. bags)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1⁄2 tangerine, zest of (you may sub orange zest)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil.
- Lay out almond slivers on baking sheet. Bake in oven until light brown, shaking the baking pan occasionally to mix, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate morsels in a double boiler over low heat. Mix in the cranberries, almond slivers and tangerine zest.
- Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the chocolate mixture out into an even layer. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until hard, at least 1 hour. Break up chocolate into jagged, varied sized pieces. Or you may pour circles of the chocolate mixture on the foil and let cool, then you don't have to break them up. :).
Wow the flavor in these is outstanding. I used semi sweet chocolate chips which worked nicely with the sweet cranberries. The chocolate was enhanced with the orange zest. I loved this. The orange flavor was there but not overpowering - the chocolate was still the first thing you tasted. The crunch of the almonds and fruity sweetness of the cranberries made this an excellent treat. Thanks Sharon!!!!
I hate to give this no rating, but I know I messed something up big time. I've not worked with chocolate much, so I know I did something wrong. I tried to melt my chocolate in the double boiler and ended up with a big blob of chocolate, they never actually melted...I am really bummed this looks so yummy. If anyone has suggestions for me I'd love to try again...I used mini chocolate chips, put water in my bottom pan and put the double boiler on top with all the chocolate in at once, I did get the water all the way to boiling...what should I do different? I even tried the microwave on 50% power and just ended up with a very hot blob of chocolate...so bummed...
This is so easy and so delicious! I took some to work and was asked for the recipe. And I feel it's somewhat healthy with the nuts and cranberries. lol And of course chocolate is always excellent! Thanks for a great recipe!