Recipe by 3KillerBs
I had a bottle of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade that got opened but didn't get drunk so I got creative with this marinade. The tang of the cranberry complemented the rosemary beautifully and the sugar in the drink made for a beautiful color on the skin. The slow cooking will draw a lot of grease out of the meat and the skin -- leaving you with meat that is juicy without being fatty. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by windywood
I loved this. I'm glad I checked the recipe thread. I can't believe people haven't tried this. Leftovers were great the next day in a salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Looking forward to making this again.
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 (11 1/4 ounce) bottle Mike's hard cranberry lemonade
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the drink with the rosemary in a large, plastic, zipper bag.
- When it stops fizzing add the chicken thighs.
- Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill skin side up over very low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Turn over and continue grilling -- turning every 5 minutes -- for another 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- Note -- the sugar in the hard cranberry lemonade will make the chicken easy to burn. Keep heat low, do not close the lid, and avoid flare-ups as far as possible (though, of course, no grilled food tastes quite right unless its gotten a little lick of flame).