I had a bottle of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade that got opened but didn't get drunk so I got creative with this marinade. The tang of the cranberry complemented the rosemary beautifully and the sugar in the drink made for a beautiful color on the skin. The slow cooking will draw a lot of grease out of the meat and the skin -- leaving you with meat that is juicy without being fatty. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the drink with the rosemary in a large, plastic, zipper bag.
- 2When it stops fizzing add the chicken thighs.
- 3Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- 4Grill skin side up over very low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 5Turn over and continue grilling -- turning every 5 minutes -- for another 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- 6Note -- the sugar in the hard cranberry lemonade will make the chicken easy to burn. Keep heat low, do not close the lid, and avoid flare-ups as far as possible (though, of course, no grilled food tastes quite right unless its gotten a little lick of flame).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cran-Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mike's hard cranberry lemonade