Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crabby, cheesy, hot and delicious. This is an easy and yummy appetizer we use at holiday time, but I'm not sure why we only have them then. Great recipe you can throw together with pantry items, although fresh crab is so much better.
- 1⁄4 lb crabmeat (canned is okay)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 10 flour tortillas, each 7 to 8 inches wide
- fresh fresh cilantro stem
- In a bowl, mix crab, cheese, and onions with mayonnaise.
- Place 5 tortillas in a single layer on two 14"x17" baking sheets.
- Evenly cover tortillas with crab mixture to within 3/4" of edges. Top each with one of the remaining tortillas.
- Bake in a 450° oven until cheese melts, and tortillas are lightly browned, 7-9 minutes.
- Slide quesadillas onto a board and cut each into 6 wedges.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
These are just what I wanted! Not for a party, but just for me. Just delicious. I was making only one, so didn't bother measuring the ingredients. I did use them all, though I substitututed red onion for green onion. Cooked in a frying pan and eaten with salsa, they turned out very well. I will keep them in mind when I need to serve other people. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.