1/2 Photos of Crabby Broccoli Casserole
A wondrous little creation that goes together easily, smells terrific while it's cooking, and fills the mouth with delicious flavors! Excellent for taking to potlucks (different from the "ordinary" stuff you often see!). I make this whenever my mom comes to visit--to her it is such a special treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of celery soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk (swished in the soup can)
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more)
- 3 bunches broccoli (see note)
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, thawed
- 3 -4 cups dried breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350; butter a 13x9 cake pan; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, blend soup and milk; add seasonings; set aside.
- 3Peel the broccoli stems, cut into 3-4 inch spears; spread broccoli in prepared baking pan, stems and all.
- 4Cut crab pieces into bite-size chunks; spread HALF over the broccoli; sprinkle with HALF of the bread crumbs; pour HALF of the soup-milk over this; sprinkle HALF the cheese over the milk; repeat with remaining crab, crumbs, soup-milk and cheese.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes.
- 6SUBSTITUTE two or three 10 oz. pkgs of frozen (thawed) broccoli for the fresh.
- 7*** NOTE *** Cut 4-5 slices of bread into cubes, toast in the oven while it is preheating, coarsely crush them.
- 8VARIATION: Try SWISS or Monterey Jack cheese instead of Cheddar---yummy!
- 9OPTION #2: Substitute SHRIMP for the crab, to get a whole 'nother thing! Delish!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabby Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1760.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 35.2 g