The recipe my dad uses for his "famous" crab fritters. Very addictive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Pioneer, Bisquick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable oil
- 1To make creole sauce: whisk together all the sauce ingredients; set aside or chill until ready to use.
- 2To make the fritters: drain and flake the crabmeat; remove any bits of shell; set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, add the biscuit mix and next 5 ingredients; stir to combine; make a well in the center of of the dry ingredients.
- 4In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce; add this mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 5Add in crabmeat and stir minimally to combine.
- 6Add oil to the depth of 2 inches in a dutch oven or electric fry pan; heat oil to 375°.
- 7Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into the hot oil; fry (a few at a time) for 30 seconds or until golden, turning once.
- 8Serve immediately with creole sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 142.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: