Recipe by Mims & Squims
Crème Anglais, a classic rich custard dessert sauce, will accent any dessert (from berries to cakes to souffles) with gourmet flair
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Bring just below boil but do not allow to boil as it will curdle.
- In small bowl whisk egg yolks with 1/4 of the hot crème anglais, beating rapidly to temper.
- Add tempered egg mixture to heavy cream mixture over heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Strain (optional), cover and refrigerate.
- May be drizzled over your favorite dessert.