Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my mother's cousin....she has her own garden and grows the tomatoes and herbs....you can use tomatoes from the supermarket and dried herbs but you will not get the same result. Use the bright red tomatoes you can buy at the produce stand, these herbs are not hard to find fresh....it's worth it...trust me.........
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled,and quartered
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except for the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and coat well.
- Marinate for several Hours basting occasionally.