Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Martha Rose Schulman's recipe from the New York Times, slightly adapted. It is a great series of recipes that I love to use - check it out at the TImes' website.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1. Put the couscous in a glass or ceramic bowl, and toss with the salt and cumin.
- 2. Mix together 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and the water, and pour over the couscous. Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring the mixture from time to time with a fork.
- 3. Line a steamer with a kitchen towel, place the couscous in it and steam for 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the steamer, and return to the bowl. Stir in the remaining lemon juice and the olive oil, and allow to cool. Toss with the remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate before serving.