Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 5 slices black forest ham (medium thickness slices)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (roasting optional)
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh flat spinach leaves, with stems removed
- 7 ounces thinly sliced aged cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground pepper
- In a greased 9" to 10" pie pan, spread 1/2 of the potatoes, overlapping edges.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp.
- oil; sprinkle with 1/2 the oregano, parsley and ground pepper, and top with ham slices.
- Spread red peppers, then mozzarella slices, and top with a layer of spinach.
- Using the flat side of a pie plate or cake pan, press down on layers to compress.
- On top of the spinach, place remaining potatoes, then oil; top with remaining seasoning, and top with cheddar cheese slices.
- Press down firmly again.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserts easily into centre.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.