Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A pumpkin spice cake with a pecan topping. Compliments of the Birch Tree Inn - Flagstaff, AZ. For a special touch, serve the cake with Apple Cream Topping - Apple Cream Topping.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup room temperature butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly grease a bundt pan.
- Mix together the pecans and brown sugar, cut in the butter and sprinkle in bottom of the bundt pan.
- Mix dry cake mix with dry pudding mix and spices.
- Blend eggs, oil, apple juice, and pumpkin together then beat into cake mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until sides separate from pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes and invert onto cake platter.
Wonderful cake! Have made twice - the 2nd time added a 1/4 cu[ Appleton run along with the cider (I used spiced cider). Wonderful keeper recipe - made first w/Jello Pumpkin Spice pudding which was great & next w/butterscotch pudding (& rum LOL). The crunchy topping and smooth cake are perfect compliments. TY for posting!
I would definitely give this cake more than 5 stars if I could! I made it yesterday for my husband's night to host the guys in their monthly senior poker game. By the time all 7 of them left, I had 3 of them seek me out personally & tell me how wonderful it was, 1 wanted the recipe for his wife, and the others yelled down "fantastic cake" . These guys don't usually do this! I knew I was on to a great recipe & was just thankful they left 1 tiny lil' piece for me to see what all the fuss was about! It is an incredibly moist, dense and flavourful cake that is so easy to bake. I used a spice cake mix & omitted the spices. The cake had a subtle pumpkin-spice flavour, with a caramel undertone. The nut topping "took the cake". I highly recommend!
This was very good! I used a french vanilla cake mix because that is what I had on hand. Very rich almost carmel flavor. You don't really notice any pumpkin at all. The topping made it very rich, you really don't need any topping. Thanks for a great fall treat!